About Annelise Mitchell
Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Arts (English and History)
James Cook University, Cairns (2004-2007)
- Mentor and tutor on university campus
- Graduated with the University Medal - ranked in top 4 of 800 graduates
Diploma of Business Administration and Management
New South Wales TAFE, Strathfield (2013-2014)
- Completed during administration and management of Cairns South Aldon Tutoring Centre
- Completed with Distinction
Feb 2015 – Jan 2016 Instructional Designer and I.T. Systems Administrator
IMINEN PTY LTD
- Design and development of intuitive online learning materials and courseware
- Design and development of company websites, including changes to CSS, html and other design aspects of the website
- Creation of online marketing materials, from videos placed on Youtube, to written articles for both Facebook and LinkedIn. Involved in storyboarding scripts and design of product videos.
Feb 2013 – Jan 2015 Teacher/Tutor
JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY
- Delivered and created quality educational instruction and materials for students enrolled in Year One and Two Education subjects at the School of Education. Face-to-face instruction, online delivery through the use of Camtasia and Blackboard with a focus on literacy development and creation of content videos for Youtube (ED1421 and ED2491).
Jan 2013 – Dec 2103 Teacher
ST ANDREW’S CATHOLIC COLLEGE
- Responsible for integration of ICTs in the Senior English curriculum, including creation of the innovative Flipped Classroom model. Utilised Edmodo and Moodle to delivery curriculum both online and face-to-face.
- Provided ICT workshops for staff to utilise new technologies, such as LMSs and iPads, and software applications, such as Turnitin and Edmodo, in their teaching practice.
Feb 2011 – June 2013 Director/Teacher
CAIRNS SOUTH ALDON TUTORING CENTRE
- Delivered and created quality educational instruction to students of a variety of ages and skill levels. Specialised in development of high-quality literacy resources that catered for the learning needs of students of all ages, from Prep to University level.
- Developed advertising campaigns that included design and development of pamphlets, information booklets and a mascot for advertising at shopping centres and showgrounds.
Jan 2009 – Dec 2012 Teacher
TRINITY BAY STATE HIGH SCHOOL & CAIRNS STATE HIGH SCHOOL
- Involved in the panel process as a teacher of Year 11 and 12 Authority-registered subjects on a number of occasions within multiple school locations. Instrumental in the development, submission, resubmission and review of work programs.
- Successfully completed unit plans and assessment tasks, excursions and other extra-curricular events. For example, coordinated debating teams for three years and the Constitutional Convention for two years.
Feb 2009 – Jul 2014 Curriculum Consultant
JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY (JCU), Cairns
- Employed a range of learning experiences, including development of resources to scaffold student-teacher learning. Included discussion, work-shadowing and electronic communication to a class of Fourth Year Education students at JCU.
Jan 2005 – Jan 2007 ESL (English as a Second Language) Teaching
WINDMILL COLLEGE, Kewarra Beach
- Organised personalised ESL units for individual students to ensure they progressed in their acquisition of language and literacy. Implemented TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) teaching strategies and techniques.
- Employed Direct Instruction teaching strategies in teaching students to acquire competence in Australian English.